Monday, July 29, 2013

Modest Is Hottest

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." 
1 Peter 3:3-4 (New International Version)



Modest is something that is really growing on me! I have to say, I am not perfect, nor I try to be. But I am one of those people that believe that you can dress cute, hip, sophisticated and fashionable and still be modest. 

Being modest is having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's importance, free from vanity, egotism, boastfulness or great pretensions. Someone who is modest is free from ostentation or showy extravagance and shows decencies in behavior, speech and dress. Today's women tend to dress accordingly to what they see in celebrities. They copy what they see out there in the world and act as if they where meat for men.  (not all of them). They dress that way mabe because they want to get attention from others. And I don't say this because I am the most modest person out there. But atleast I try my best.

I believe that being modest is respecting yourself as a woman, as a daughter, student... and I can go on and on on this. For a person to be modest you have to be aware of what  and who you are in Jesus Christ. 
I am a work in progress! And just as I am, I know you can be too. 
Here are some  inspirations you can use: 






Both of these dresses
<---------->
Are from:
Forever 21

 





 Modest In dressing means if wearing dresses dont let them be too short. If you choose to use a short dress then it must have sleeves. Always balance it out 







 
Dressing modestly doesn't mean just wearing dresses. You can choose shorts that are not short-shorts and math them with bigger shirts (if they are tight to your body) or vice-verse. You can wear jeans, if they are skinny and really tight to your body, again use it with a loose shirt. Again the thing here is balancing it out and not showing anything you shouldn't show.



with love,
 

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog but i have to disagree, clothing is just clothing it does not definied who you are. i can wear a channel some valentino and it does not mean im not modest,same way i can wear a tigth dress or something that shows skin it does not mean i don't respect myself or want the attencion of men i am just dressing how i want becasue thats what i like, if think i have a nice body wand want something to higligth my curves i will do it but its for me because it makes me feel good and even thougth i don't wear any reveling clothing, i don't do it cause im not comfortable in it but i don't judge people who do they can be reveling and have self respect. i'm not trying to be rude! just wanted to say this as i hear alot of girls saying the same thing & respect does not come from the type of clothing someone wears neither does modesty. and if dressing modest means simple clothing then i rather not be modest and have my miu mius. heh! but again clothing is clothing...material. take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥I am so sorry If you understood it that way, I am not judging anyone in any way. I am just my line of thought.
      ♥I am not saying that you shouldn't wear a $300 dress, because I do, I have a closet full of them. I do wear shorts, probably 70% of the time, I do wear short dresses, tight jeans and such.
      ♥I just believe there should be a balance. if you wear shorts then wear something more loose as a blouse or if you are wearing a revealing shirt, then dont use revealing pants. And that is actually what most designers say. And that's what I wanted to express, in this post. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough.
      ♥Like you said clothes are just clothes and they do not make the person.
      ♥Thanks for your concern, and commenting your view!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...