Thursday, October 3, 2013

Be Stylish .... Love God.

Hello my fellow female species! 

Has it ever happened to you that people come to you and they say "you are going to hell because of how you are dresses" well let me tell you! It happen to me a few days back. I was in total shock and disbelieve. I could not believe what my ears were hearing. I am one of those people that believes in God with all their heart. I mean everything I do, I do it because of Him and for Him, but because I want to, not because I am forced to. 

I got just one question, will dressing in one way or another take away your salvation? Does God really cares that much about what I am wearing that he will send me to hell not looking at my heart just because of some pair of tailored shorts? I THINK NOT! By the way! I was wearing black tailored high-waisted shorts, black/brown flats, leopard print v-neck and fushia cardigan ohh! I live in the Caribbean so wearing shorts is kinda normal. It wasn't like I was wearing my underwear on the street! My short were pretty descent.We have like a whole year of summer. (although we just enjoy it 2 months a year -__-). And these past weeks have been so hot, that is just out of the ordinary.

This totally goes in hand with my previous post! "Why I hate religion, but love Jesus" Lets just quote Jefferson Bethke a little shall we: 

"...Religion might preach grace, but another thing they practice
Tend to ridicule God's people, they did it to John The Baptist
They can't fix their problems, and so they just mask it
Not realizing religions like spraying perfume on a casket..."

This is exactly what I mean! I didn't know who the person was, so I can bet she did not know who I was. Which means she did not know I was christian. How in the world can teach others about the love of God to other if she isn't a vivid example of what He is. People! we are Gods ambassadors in these world so we must talk, dress, behave & treat others like such. 
 
By the way:
"I am not saying that He doesn't, of course God cares about how we dress,
 I mean, what kind of father wouldn't care how his daughter is dressing"

This is just me expressing my way of thinking.... you may or may not have a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...