Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 5: A letter to my 13 year old self.

Hi Lovies!, So, today's post supposed to be "what would you tell to your 13 year old self" well  upon reflecting a little bit on the topic I decided to write a letter I wish I could’ve sent my 13-year-old self. 

♥....♥....♥....♥....♥....♥....♥

Dear 13-year-old Milarie:

There are many thing I wish I could tell you about the future, but if there is one thing I want you to know, is not exactly about how the future looks like. Here is what I want you to know.

You are worthy of love.
You don’t need to seek love from other people to validate yourself. Start with being extremely loving toward yourself, and then others. Let love pour out of you. Don’t be afraid of the disappointment. They are inevitable steps on the journey to self-discovery and true love. Be in love with the woman you are, and the woman you are becoming. 

Be independent.
I know you like your family a lot, but you need to have some time to be independent, to do what you want to do. Save money, and grow up at your own passe.

Socialize.
Look I know that you dont feel comfortable talking to strangers, or to anyone for that matter. But you should open up and dont be afraid of making new friends. Sometimes we need them.

Don't trust everyone. 
Not everyone around you have their best interest in mind. I am not saying everyone around you is not trustworthy, there are people around, that you can count on, but be aware of everyone.

Be Yourself.
Do not try to be like every  girl in your school, or those girls you see in Hollywood. It ain't worth it. Be yourself.  My aunt usually says when I am about to buy something at a boutique or something like that "If you dont absolutely love it, and you cant live without it, then buy it... if not then it isn't you".
I love you so much,
Your 2-year-old Self

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...