Friday, December 6, 2013

The Dancer In Me



Hey there lovies! 

Today I wanted to talk to you guys about a big part of my life and one of my bigger passions in life. Worshiping Through Dance. Since I was little I wanted to be a dancer, but for some reasons I could never take ballet classes. I remember when I was 7, I told my mom to take me to ballet class, but she never did. My dad took me to some karate classes, which I am thankful for, I know how to defend myself *BEWARE*. Now 15 years later I realized that God had a purpose with me not being able to take ballet classes at that time in period. The bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:1 that there is an appointed time for everything. And my time to dance not for a crowd but for the King of Kings is now. Probably if God had let me take those ballet classes when I was little, yeah may be I would have been a famous dancer, maybe I would have been dancing with a famous dance company. But I would not have the satisfaction of dancing for my creator, my beloved, my King.

The person that God used for me to join the dance ministry was this amazing person called Ginussa Madrera, shes like a mother to me. I love her, shes amazing. Although I dont talk to her as much because she moved to the States, (and I am not a phone person), she still inspires me to love and devote myself to God, and to express that passion and that love for Him through my dance.

Throughout the years God has blessed me with wonderful opportunities, I had the change of dancing in a Musical called "Alfa & Omega" on March 2011. I was Eve ^_^, Ministered in different churches, concerts through the Island as well as being able to travel to the United States to Minister in dance. I had the oportunity to lead for a year an amazing dance ministry called "Renuevos de Sion". Where I learned a lot and was able to teach them as well.  I also had the blessing of teaching other churches! 
Renuevos de Sion
2 of my students



I am blessed to be part of an Interdenominational Dance Ministry called "Melquicedec Dance Ministry". It is basically a ministry composed of  dancers from different churches, we have a reunion twice a month where we pray, praise, study the bible and rehearse together. Its leader is Eagle Ariel Muñiz (the only guy so far). And the best part Ive know them almost since I started dancing.

Dance Ministry at my current church
Yes! For the past 4 years I've been taking dance clases (in christian dance academies except the last one) I have taken basic, intermediate & advance christian dance. Ive taken ballet & modern dance.
Ballet


They will kill me when they see this! but this was at one of my modern dance classes
Because I've been taking dance classe people have been judgemental towards m, but this is how I see it. If non-christians try to do the best they can to perform for the world. Why cant I do the best I can and prepare the best I can to worship GOD? 



 There is something I want to tell you guys and that is that God has to be the focus of our attention. It's not about us... Its about Him. And when God is not the focus of our attention then we are worshiping something else.Scripture repeatedly declares that we should worship God, and God alone:

"Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD..." (Psalm 29:2).
"Worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness..." (Psalm 96:9).
"You shall worship the LORD your GOD and him only shall you serve" (Matthew 4:10).


What do you think about this?
comment down below 
God Bless!
 

2 comments:

  1. You should post a video of you dancing so that others can share in your talent.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...