Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blogger Interview: Mitangi Parekh





My name is Mitangi; I'm a student at Queen's University in Canada studying Biology and English. I've been blogging for just under a year now so my blog is still quite a little baby. It focuses mostly on beauty but sometimes I will also do lifestyle and fashion posts. Really, it contains whatever strikes my fancy.





Can you tell us something about your blog? 
Pearl & Glory is a beauty blog for the most part. I definitely have some fashion and lifestyle posts but I tend to focus on product reviews, what I'm loving in the beauty industry, etc. 


 What inspired you to start blogging? 
Pearl & Glory started out as a small way for me to just write. When I first started, I wasn't really into the whole blogging thing so I treated it kind of like a journal. But then I came across The Londoner and I fell in love with it. It really inspired me to write with a focus on something and I've always had a slight obsession with makeup (I own a disgustingly large amount of it) so it made sense for me to narrow the focus on beauty.


What do you love the most about blogging? 
I love meeting new bloggers and reading new blogs. I'm an avid reader so once I find a new blog that I like, I absolutely devour it. I also love the creativity aspect of it -- I've always been a creative fiction writer and somewhere along my university life, I didn't have much time for writing anymore so I ended up losing a bit of the confidence I had in my writing ability. Blogging eased me back into that part of my life. It's also given me a very healthy appreciation for aesthetically-pleasing pictures.


where do you find inspiration for your posts? 
A lot of my posts have been product reviews since I own a lot of makeup. So during times when I'm not feeling particularly creative or inspired, I will go back to my list of products I have yet to review and write one of those up. Other ways I get inspired is if there's a holiday or something coming up so I'll ask myself if there's any type of a post I can do for that particular time. I also rely on other blogs to give me ideas of posts. 


How do you describe your own personal style? 
It really depends on what I'll be doing for the day. Since I'm a student right now, my go-to style is anything that's comfortable. I have a personal motto of not wearing any sweats at all outside my dorm so I make sure that I have a bunch of leggings and really comfortable jeans to rely on. If I'm going out, I want to be able to move in it but still look put-together so that's when I pull out some of my staples.


what are your favorite fashion trends for Spring?
I love pastel nails, especially anything that's mint green. I also love wearing hi-low tops and pairing them with patterned leggings. You also can't go wrong with some nice light-weight faux leather and utility jackets. Canadian spring still carries some of the residual cold of the winter so we have to layer up.

Where do you see your blog in the next 5 years? 
Hopefully a lot more developed and consistent than it is now. Being a student and working two jobs really cuts into the time I want to spend blogging so once I'm out, I'm hoping to make it a lot more consistent and focus on it more. I also want to venture out of the just-beauty world and incorporate OOTDs, fashion/style, and more lifestyle posts

Any tips you wish to give to the new bloggers out there?

Be yourself. It's easy to read a blog that's very popular and try to emulate that blogger's voice but keep yours. Your voice is what makes your blog unique. Do you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...