Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blogger Interview: Raewijn Smith








Hi there! My name is Raewyn and I blog over at Be a Warrior Queen
I'm one of those people that can be loud and in your face, but in the most loveable way ever. I try my best to always be happy and find the positive. My blog is one part being positive and another part starting a movement. I want to start a magazine to empower young women and girls to be themselves unashamedly. I have a pick up truck named Chuck the Truck; my favorite clothes are 1950s inspired and I drink tea like it's going out of business. By day, I'm a computer teacher - but I've also worked as a server, a journalist, and in the automotive industry. I'm engaged to my best friend of ten years and we're getting married in April of this year! I would love if you'd stop by my blog and we could become the best of friends! 














 
Can you tell us something about your blog? 
My blog has never really fit into any other blogging categories, just like I've never really fit into any norms

What inspired you to start blogging? 
My blog is based around a movement. I started my first blog about life as a teen, but this blog was born out of my desire to start a magazine and make a difference. My dad is the one who finally pushed me to blogging. 
 
What do you love the most about blogging? 
I love to feel the connection with other bloggers. It's amazing whenever I get a comment, and I always try to be sure to comment as often as I can back. I've made some special friendships that inspire me in blogging land and in life

where do you find inspiration for your posts? 
I try to get my inspiration from every day life, while keeping up with the news - especially news centered around females and empowerment, of course! 
 
How do you describe your own personal style? 
Ideally, I would love to dress vintage 1950s, rockabilly inspired every day. Most days I'm a jeans (or leggings) and t-shirt kinda gal. I'm edgy but not hipster. I do love to wear dresses, I just hate to shave my legs! 


what are your favorite fashion trends for Spring?
For some reason I'm really liking pastels right now. I don't own any, but I think I want some. 
 
Where do you see your blog in the next 5 years? 
Hopefully a magazine!! That would be my 5 year goal. 
 
Any tips you wish to give to the new bloggers out there?
Write about what you want. I wouldn't try to force it at first by joining link ups or using writing prompts. Those are great when you don't have much to say, but you're starting your blog for a reason - a passion. Don't water down that passion with link ups because people will be uninterested. Once you've gained a bit of a following, then occasionally join in the link ups and your readers will appreciate it! Also, join as many blog swaps / letter writing groups as possible! The more you connect with other bloggers, the more fun it will be. I still talk to my very first Carabox partner today. She's actually on my side bar this month and bought one of the first t-shirts we advertised from our Etsy shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...