Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dating Tips for the 21st Century Youth (Part 1)


Hey there ladies.... and gents (if there are any reading my blog) There is something running around my head since march, and it just wont let me be, so I gave in and here I am at 3:08 am writing about it. RELATIONSHIP ADVICE... (As if I was an expert... clearly NOT). 

And yes! by RELATIONSHIPS, I mean those things where a guy and a girl get in all that mushy and stuff. Lets get right to it... 
here are some advise.



Examine Your Personal Reasons:
     Why do you want to get involved with this guy? Whats the whole point of your relationship? power and control? Gratifying your own ego Meeting a selfish need? or Genuine affection? These is something you must answer your self before starting to date anyone. You must be clear with your intentions as well as the intentions of the person that wants to date you. 
     If you get into a relationship it must be, because you really want a future with that person. Don't date just to date. Don't purposely put yourself into a situation that will mess with your emotions.

(Psalms 139:23) "Search me, God, and know my heart;  test me and know my anxious thoughts."

You Are Allowed To Have High Standards:
     A few years ago at a youth service at my local church, the preacher told us that when we wanted something, we should ask describing every little detail of it. "and that includes the partner you want by your side" said the preacher. So that day, I made a list... and believe me when I say its a pretty long list. Like the ones we used to make to santa when we were kids.
     Remember that you are looking for the person you are going to spend the rest of  your life with. So having "supercalifragiliticespialidoshious high standards are totally allowed. And dont you dare let anyone tell you there is such a thing as standards that are too high.
     Don't ever settle for mediocre, you are the daughter of the King of Kings. You deserve the very best, something exceptional. I know your Heavenly Father and your human father (both) wont want their baby girl dating just anyone.

Focus On Being The Right Person, Rather Than Finding The Right Person:
     In Genesis 2:22, we can see that God brought Eva to Adam and we can notice that he didn't have to go out to find her. The same is true for us today. We should be consumed with our relationship with God and trust Him to bring another into our lives when the time is right.

(Psalm 37:4) "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Dont Believe That Romance Is The Key To Happiness and Fulfillment:
     Let's be real, your boy ain't prince charming from those fairy tales we saw as kids. I've been there so I know sometimes we believe that if we could only find our “true love,” all the issues that bring us down will fade into the background. We believe that love, peace, and joy will flood into our lives and give us our “happily ever after". Well bad news to you ladies.... This doesn't work that way!
     Falling in love and being in love is awesome, but if we think a relationship is what will save us from loneliness, low self-esteem, and purposelessness, we’re just wrong. No matter how good, godly, and healthy a relationship may be, it cannot fully satisfy the deeper spiritual hungers within you. 


 There is something I read at Jarred Wilson's blog that amazed me. He said: 
"Any relationship that hasn't been prayerfully considered, is a relationship I'd reconsider"
Spend time n conversation with God, and allow Him to guide you towards someone he sees fit. There is no such thing as prayer-less Godly relationships. Keep that in mind.


                                                        God Bless!


Check out these other links! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...