Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Lets Be Honest I am a Christian and I wear Bikinis

       
         

As summer appears to be just around the corner and college/school seems to be at its end, a very common and debated topic for Christian women surfaces once again.  What topic is that? “THE BIKINI”. Yes, that itsy-bitzy, teeny, winey piece of fabric that most women around the world (or at least this part of it) uses to go to the beach and hang on the pool.



Here is the thing, I’ve been considering myself a Christian women for the past 10 years or so and I am going to go straight forward and say this “I WEAR BIKINIS” …… *gasp* she said what? ….. Yes! I wear bikinis and I love them.  I actually own a few. 
Some churches say that women shouldn’t wear bikinis because they need to make sure not to sexually tempt men and we will be exposing skin (too much skin) Here is where I defer. 

(DISCLAIMER: Before you continue reading I wanted to state that I am totally talking about my point of view. I may be wrong and in a few years I will probably be the most modest person ever… *who knows* … but for now this is it for me)


Here is the main reason why I defer from most modest/traditional  Christians.
I don’t wear a bikini to tempt men. I use them because they are very comfortable in the water. (Have you ever tried to swim, using jeans and a t-shirt?)  I love what Abigail Muldoon wrote on her article “Should Christian Women Wear Bikinis” for Chicagonow.com. And I quote:
“…a major issue with this whole idea of women dressing modestly to keep man from lusting is that it shifts the blame of sin from the sinner…. It’s your sinful nature that sexualized that person, turned them into an object for your sexual gratification, and lusted after them. That person didn’t make you do or think anything… even if every woman in the world covered herself from head to toe, men will still lust because the problem isn’t with the way women dress, the problem is in the hearts of these men. Telling Christian women to not wear a bikini isn’t solving anything.  
I sincerely back her up on this and I know I am not the only one. I do try to keep in mind my brothers and sisters in Christ. I don’t want to make them feel uncomfortable. So if I go to a retreat or I go to the beach or pool with them I do wear my bikini, but with a shirt and some shorts on.  I respect that. But I just wished that the same way I respect them, they could respect me, my way of thinking and my lifestyle. I don’t mind the advices, but please don’t try to impose some legalistic believe (from my perspective) on me. Keep doing your thing while I do mine.  “The question of what kind of swimsuit you wear is up to you. But if you ever need me, I’ll be out on the beach in my two-piece bikini reading my bible.”
Love
          Mila ♥


Comment down below your point of view.
(PLEASE DON’T HATE ME FOR WHAT I JUST SAID ON THIS POST)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...