Monday, June 15, 2015

10 Reasons Why I Keep a Journal

 
Photo: heatherbullard.com
Edited by: Milarie Cardona

Remember when you were 10 and you asked your mom to buy you that pretty little note book and that matching gel pen, so you can start writing what happened in your day. That very same notebook where you wrote I heart ***** and blah blah blah. I might be ejemm ejemm 24 years old, but I think i'm aloud to write in a journal, right?... RIGHT! 
 
     I've been keeping a journal for the better half life. I have several journals that I have kinda wrapped in crime-scene tape ^_^  These journals saw me through breakups and pretty much, sad moments in my life and of course they are locked away in the bottom of a drawer someplace on earth. There's no need to revisit the pain or my own unbecoming behavior that's just between me, my pen, the paper and of course God.
 
    Here is a little advice, BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOU WRITE. People can find your journal, and they might be curious and invade your privacy. And just like it happened to me when I was about 14, you can get in serious trouble.
 
So here they are, 10 reasons of why I keep a journal
  • I can weigh the pros and cons without hearing anyone else give their two-cent opinion
  • I can yell in my journal and no one will hear me raise my voice
  • It increases my self-awareness
  • It reduces stress
  • It quiets my monkey mind
  • I can track my own progress
  • A place to work through my struggles
  • A place to freely complain and then release
  • A safe place to face my fears and deal with them head-on
  • It's my own self-learning guide
 
Do you keep a journal? Why or why not? I'd love to hear your thoughts on journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...