Monday, July 6, 2015

Street Festival "La Hamaca" , San Sebastian Puerto Rico



Yes, Puerto Rico is going trough a difficult time financially speaking but It is no secret that people in Puerto Rico know how to party, we even have this festivals on a different town each weekend and while many of you spend the 4th of July at a family BBQ or at the beach I got to hang out with my aunt and my grandma' being a complete tourist  home town. This weekend San Sebastian had its annual festival "La  Hamaca".

What is the "Hamaca" festival is a festival where thousands of people are delighted by music, dancing, libations, food local artisan crafts for sale and it all adds up to one crazy celebration! Now why "Hamaca"? well because, they sell a lot of Hamacas there and by a lot I really mean A LOT! Its tradition, is basically one of the reasons why San Sebastian is know for, just as my home town "Moca" is known for el "mundillo" but that is a whole 'nother post.

My aunt an I discovered this little museum near where the festival was being held, so we decided to visit it also. It was an old coffee making place. dated around the 1805 approximately. (Don't quote me on that). Very lovely place. There where old machinery and pictures and all sorts of stuff.

Here are a few photos I took last Saturday: ENJOY

                   



                     




                    


                    




                               





                              


                              


                                  


                    



                    


                                  




Is there any festival you want to share with me or other bloggers just comment down below






















1 comment:

  1. It’s so good to see your posting! What an adorable event!! I love your looks dear. My mom is also planning family holiday party and thinking to host it at some outdoor venue. Do you have any venue recommendations?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...