Friday, January 29, 2016

Why I Consider The Worst Year of My Life a Blessing.


                       




Last year I lost the 98% of my "friend", had a horrible breakup, got myself in trouble in church, got held back a year in college because I flunked math, so I was behind scheduled, therefore didn't graduated that summer, lost my parents trust, my uncle died, I started cutting, contemplated suicide and got diagnosed with severe depression. All that in a span of 6 months. I had never felt so alone in my life. I know, you don't need to tell me, people have it so much worst, but at the time, I thought it was the worst year of my life. I knew God had a plan, that He had a reason for everything that what happening to me. But with all the pain and strife I was going through I couldn't see it. I had to fight with myself so that I wouldn't let go of Gods hand. My faith was hanging over a cliff.

Today I realized that I asked God on the summer of 2014 to make me more mature in every aspect of my life, and He did, I asked him to take away people from my life that were toxic, and He did. I had a breakthrough; I realized that without 2015 I wouldn't be the person I am today. With everything that happen last year I learned to forgive (I even made a blog post about it) I learned to love myself just the way I am with all my imperfections and messy hair jaja, to be true to myself and my believes, to put God first before any situation, relationship or even myself.

I am definitely not the first person to loose almost everything that mattered to me. You all most know the story of Job. Job was a great man. Not only did he feared God, but he had great wealth a big family, and a thriving business. But things would not stay so great for him. As you all know he lost everything. Despite loosing everything, and in the mist of his suffering he bows low to the ground and worships God. He suffers, mourns and persevere. After going through all that God gave him more than what he had. (READ JOBS BOOK IN THE BIBLE) It is very unlikely that we will experience a suffering like Job did. But we will experience suffering at some point of our lives.

God multiplied my blessings. My relationship with my parents is better than ever. I have a small VERY small and close group of friends. Who I know are the real deal. I have the most amazing boyfriend in the entire world. (at least he is for me) Im months away from graduation and moving away.....SURPRISE!!!!

You see, suffering is not fun, and it is not easy but often is very productive. Despite the pain we feel, God can use it for good.

I pray that you will be strong when the time of suffering comes to your life. I pray that you will realize Gods plan isn't to make you suffer but to polish you into a perfect diamond, that you are.

God Bless You
Love,
      Mila ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...